32 Things I’d Tell My Younger Self
Updated: Oct 5, 2021
Have you ever felt like wanting to go back in time and have a pillow talk with your younger self? I sure have! Sometimes, I wish someone had sprinkled a bit of wisdom over my stubborn and not-so-wise teenage brain. But where’s the fun in that, right? And so she decided to waste her time and learn things the hard way.
So I’m gonna get all real and put on my wisdom hat. And maybe at the end of this post, a little voice in your head might say- ‘Ha! Been there, done that.’
1. No point in being too self-conscious. To be honest, nobody thinks about you as much as you think about yourself.
2. Stop looking at yourself in the mirror all the time. Go help your mom!
3. If something doesn’t matter to you in the next five years, then it really doesn’t matter at all, so stop wasting your time on it.
4. Confidence isn’t something everyone is born with, it comes with time and practice.
5. Start reading more books, your older self will thank you for it.
6. Don’t trust people blindly. Not everyone is what they seem to be ( I’m still struggling with this one)
7. It is okay to have your own opinion on things. Voice it out.
8. If you think the exam period is the hardest time of your life, you’re wrong.
9. It is okay if you don’t get a perfect score. Numbers don’t matter, knowledge does.
10. Wanting to be a part of all the unnecessary drama because it’s so happening and fun, is something you wouldn’t be proud of later on.
11. It is easy to throw a fit at your parents for not getting you the stuff you want. You’ll understand the reasons why later. Learn to respect your parents, it means a lot to them.
12. Having a lot of friends may seem cool, but finding true ones take time and effort. So when you find your homies, don’t let them go and cherish them.
13. It is totally normal to not know what you wanna do with your life when you grow up, stop stressing out.
14. You and your friends brew up the most perfect future plans and everything seems so beautiful, and then LIFE happens. Not everything we plan goes the way we want, so we just need to learn to live with that.
15. Please take better care of your skin. If you don’t, you’ll regret it later, trust me.
16. The super cute guy that you’ve always wanted to date in high school, is actually a tool. You may think ‘It is meant to be. This is it!’ Spoiler alert: It is NOT. Respect the nice guys and cut them some slack!
17. Stop being a people pleaser. You will never be able to please everyone in life.
18. Stop spending your pocket money on useless crap.
19. Looks don’t define you. Stop fussing about your looks because you look fine as hell!
20. People in your life are either a blessing or a lesson.
21. Your pictures don’t need all the editing and filters in the world. Trust me, you look better without it.
22. Always be kind. Being bitchy will not take you places.
23. Speak up for yourself because no one else will.
24. Learn to love yourself first. Only then will you be able to fully give to others. You can’t pour from an empty cup.
25. Don’t take things personally. Everything is not about you.
26. It is okay to spend time alone, all by yourself. Being an introvert doesn’t mean you’re a loner.
27. Always choose quality over quantity.
28. Comparing your life with others is not healthy. You’ll never be satisfied no matter what you have.
29. Just be yourself, quit acting like someone you’re not.
30. Stop complaining about menial matters and start counting your blessings. Be grateful.
31. If you don’t know something, just admit it. ‘Fake it till you make it won’t always work'.
32. Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone. There are so many things you may never experience if you always stay just where you are.